Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 30 Update

So, it took me about five seconds, or minutes, to find a title I liked a ton better than that other one, which I'm choosing not to remember. I probably spent thirty minutes or so just staring at the new cover I made making sure it really felt right to me. Granted, if I do submit this book to a publishing house and they like it, chances are they won't care about my pretty purple cover, but I really don't care. Like I said last night, I need a title and cover to really get going. Said working cover is somewhere below for your viewing.

The fact that I awoke to a different book playing out in my head, in living color, and actually brought a tear to my eye at one point because of the emotion behind it, is not going to deter me from this project. I made notes, which read "vampire stalker, parking garage, no memory and happiness exchanged for compliance, threat of others, pissed off vampire king". It may not look like much now, but if it's already made me cry once, it's bound to be good. It was definitely one of those moments that I wish I had a computer hooked up to my head to write down everything that was happening.

As strongly as I felt about it, I'm going to mark it down as my next project, and more than likely not going to be able to do much until I play around with a cover for it. I have a title in mind already. As things were playing out for me while I was really trying to fall back to sleep, it was clear what the book had to be called and that is something that doesn't usually happen like that for me.

Tomorrow brings us to the end of March and the end of my daily updates. I'm planning on having a synopsis for the current book written to share. I see a lot of things happening in April, so I expect I'll update at least once a week and hopefully my postings will be more enjoyable than "not much happened today". I don't have a large following here on my blog, but to those of you who do read it regularly, thank you. Your continued support means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment