Saturday, March 8, 2014

50K words and counting

Just hurdled over the 50,000 word count and I'm excited to think I really will hit my 80K goal. It feels a little like a race, which makes me glad it isn't because I would totally lose - I don't think my knees are up for running. Plus, my husband lives on the assumption that if he sees someone running down the sidewalk, the cops have to be chasing them. I've been known to yell watch out for the cops just to tease him when we see a runner.

Anyway, not really sure how that paragraph went downhill so fast, but I don't feel like deleting it. I've moved on to chapter 16 today and I'm two-thirds through it. If I can get a good jump on chapter 17, I'll be right where I want to be for the day. I'm really hoping to me mostly done with number 19 by the end of the weekend. It's a little of a stretch goal, but I'm counting on chapter 17 leaving me in a good place where I don't have to fight for every word.

It doesn't happen often, but I do run into times where I just have no clue what's supposed to be going on and end up staring at the screen wishing one of the dogs would take over for a while. At those times, I try to think about things I know are going to happen and work to figure out a way to maybe hint some of the future events and that usually gets me moving again.

Looks like break time is over. Needed to step away for a second to decide whether I was going to carry out the plan I had for chapter 17 and I think it's a go. The dogs are agreeing with me, so it must be a great idea. They would never lead me astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment