Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 11 Update

I've had a problem remembering to fill in post titles before I hit publish, so I'm going to make it easy on myself. Date. Update. Done. I can't believe it's only March 11th. It really feels like it should be later to me.

Part of my problem is probably that the writing stuff has been way too easy since this weekend. I didn't think I'd be done writing until this coming up weekend, but I'm down to maybe two chapters and have been writing that many in a day. Things came together even better than I planned and I'm wrapping up my loose ends and trying to insure the characters get their happily ever after.

Today's writing has been part sad, part happy and part hot. My favorite trifecta of emotions. I ended up being happy with what had to happen. It was a completely different outcome from where I thought the story would go when it began back in November.

I got 25K words done in the first week or two of November and didn't feel the way the story was heading was right for the book. The characters didn't understand who they were yet and needed a little time to percolate. I put it away, promising to come back to it, and worked on Rhea's, Hermia's and Desma's stories. I'd check back on the vampire book in the closet from time-to-time and started getting the story to flow in my mind, but was committed to finish Unlucky in Love first.

I'm really happy that I didn't continue on those months ago. I don't think it would have ended up the same and the strain of making things work would have taken some of my love for writing away. I get frustrated way too easy and any small hiccups where the story doesn't naturally flow ends up discouraging me.

Rest assured that things are currently flowing well and I'm anxious to get back to inch closer to the end of the book. Stay tuned tomorrow for the next excerpt.

No comments:

Post a Comment