Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 29 Update

I have verified that trying to clear your head on a motorcycle ride doesn't work well when the wind chill is 42 and going 60 mph feels like 2 degrees. My brain remains frozen even hours later. All it's been able to do is map points for the summer ride my local Harley dealership does each year, since I happened to pick up my ride booklet today. I can't wait for it to get warm enough to actually go on my planned trips.

Before my brain stopped functioning, I worked on thought for a title and started playing around with a cover. The current title I'm stuck on is A Trip to the Clouds. I don't really know where it came from, but I can make it work if I end up sticking with it. I'm still in the process of figuring out exactly where this book is going.

I really like the first chapter as it sets up most of the main characters, at least the ones I know about, and who the villain of the book is. The second chapter hasn't gotten it's deserved attention because of work and me having to run around today. Tomorrow is another day that I know I'll be on the move, so any hope of getting five chapters done this weekend is shot. Life is unpredictable that way sometimes and I learned a long time ago to deal with it.

Since this is the book I'm thinking about submitting to that one publishing house that I brought up that one day, it's probably good that I take my time and don't write like a madwoman. I know when the plot fully settles in my mind, I won't have a choice, but slower approach won't hurt anything.

I've been thinking about that title some more and I don't know that I like it. I also thought of Golden Boy, but that seems like something that has probably been used a million times. I'm looking through public domain pictures as I type to try to find something I like more. If I get nothing else done this weekend, I want a cover. I should want a book first, but I work better with the title in my head. Happy reading, everyone. Pray my head doesn't explode from too much deliberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment