Saturday, June 22, 2013

Clyde is a jerk

There I said it and boy do I feel better. I have been awake for a whole two hours today and the jerk won't leave me alone. Yes, I know he is a made up character and I am two seconds away from visiting a nice padded room, but it's the truth.

Between making rice pudding, God that takes forever; writing a synopsis for Night Rises, working version below; and brushing my dogs teeth, only to have one of them run outside and eat dirt afterwards; and visiting all my usual morning websites Clyde was there all morning telling me about his great idea for a book all about him. Oh look the definition of egotistical and hey there is a picture of Clyde. How weird.

So, in the midst of finishing off the proofreading work on Night Rises, I am going to start working on a novella, short story if he really gets on my nerves, about Clyde and how he spends his days when he is not following Nyx around. The quick pitches he has been giving me are eye opening and really do need to be told.

I am taking a road trip today, so maybe I can get a jump start on things since I find it difficult to proofread while my husband is blaring Muse. I think the music will put me in the right frame of mind to write about Clyde.

Night Rises synopsis
How does one go from being the scary monster mothers warn their babies about to being a mother herself? Painfully, that's how. At the same time, how does that mother decide to make sure her child will never have to look over her shoulder or be scared that one day her parents won't make it home? Funny, I believe the answer is the same for either question. Although with the latter, I hope I am the one dealing out the pain instead of feeling it.

My knives are sharpened, the guns are oiled, and my teeth are filed. It is time for a throwdown and when all is said and done, we will all either be dead or wearing crowns. I won't say I am cheering for the crowns, because my head is just too small for one, but I guess I will suffer with it over the other option.

Will I rise to the occasion and help free paranorms from their corrupted leadership? Will I earn my halo and become the super power everyone keeps talking about? Can you really potty train a one-day-old? Will I stop being annoying by asking all of these questions?

Who knows, but I am sure it will be an interesting trip to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment