Saturday, May 11, 2013

Opinions welcome

Is everyone ready for a good laugh this morning? Last night, after what felt like years of deliberations, I hit the button that would make Night Calls a paperback version. It was something I have been thinking about for a while and through CreateSpace it doesn't cost me anymore than the amount it takes to print and get a proof copy sent to me, which I am told is already on its way. I had been hesitant to try it out because my books are generally pretty short but I really want to see what at least the one will look like printed out. (Just to clarify here, it isn't available just yet in paperback. I have to get my copy first and make sure it doesn't look crazy, then I will hit the final button)

One of the things that also was hanging me up was the fact that my e-book covers with my drawings didn't really feel right to me on the paperback scale. I tried it out a couple of different ways and I just couldn't get into it. So, last night I played around with some public domain night images and came up with five covers for the five currently published e-books. I don't know if I will even do paperbacks for all of them, but I had a lot of fun playing with them. They aren't exactly done yet because depending on how the printed version looks, I think there are some positioning issues.

I guess my big question is now whether or not I replace the e-book covers with these. I think these do look a lot more professional and would probably appeal to more people. Oshawa, I know you will give me your opinion, but I would really like to hear from others as well. I have posted the five covers below. I hear everyone has an opinion, so let's hear it.












UPDATE - Spent a few minutes putting something together for the last two and I wanted to see them all together so I am posting them as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment