Saturday, May 25, 2013

And the thunder rolls

Looks like it is going to be a rainy day here in the capitol city of Iowa. That is going to make going to the hardware store to get a hundred and fifty pounds of powdered mortar a really fun task. Rumor is in four or five hours the rain will at least break for me to make a mad dash up the street, which is good because I am so ready to get this floor put in.

In the meantime, I guess I should get working on that seventh book. Parts of me cannot wait for it to be done, but a lot of me wants to drag it out. The ending is already done, though, and the middle is all sketched out in my brain, so delaying any longer won't be possible. Nyx would probably start showing up in my dreams to torture me if I wait even another day. She can be mean like that.

My two dogs are scared of the rain. I know that seems like a rather odd statement out of nowhere, but it means they are really clingy right now and are being really helpful while I type. One of them likes to hit the backspace key, just to annoy me, and we spent a good ten seconds going back and forth between webpages earlier today. Evidently there was something he really wanted to read on one of those pages.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend here in the States. If you are going out, drive safe and stay away from the loonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment