Saturday, September 26, 2015

Happy Saturday!

It's been a productive week for me with my little serial that I've been working on. As I've been writing, I've had to ask myself how in the world I thought just releasing two chapters a week would work out for me. I'm three weeks in, so chapter six has been shared on jukepop.com, but I'm currently writing chapter twenty-four and it's really hard not to start double posting.

I started out the story thinking it would be a beauty and the beast kind of tale, but as my characters often do, they fooled me. They're from a completely different, much older, story. I think it's going to be interesting to see how things conclude. They've shared some key events, but the conclusion seems to still be hazy. I'm imagining that I'll find out exactly where things end up by the end of next weekend, and I'm excited to see how the conflict is resolved.

For my other book that I've been working on, I have way too many days before I hear anything about whether Game Misconduct made it to the second round of the contest I have it in. I'm still freaking out about it and already picture myself in tears ten or eleven days from now when they tell me I didn't make it. I seem to be getting some support for it on WriteOn, but it's hard for me to tell if it's what the judges are looking for and whether it competes with the other entries.

As I've gone along on my little writing journey the last few years, I've already seen the dream I had when I first started come true. Just to have other people read my words and find enjoyment. As time has gone on, I've really wanted to try traditional publishing. Both self and traditional publishing have pros and cons, but something about having a contract will make me feel like I've reached another level of accomplishment.

I've always been hesitant to tell people I know that I write, because I've never felt anything I've written is good enough. I think something about having a book traditionally published will finally make me feel that something was good enough. That probably doesn't make sense, but right now it's kind of like a light at the end of the tunnel for me.

If it doesn't work out this time, I'm dedicated to keep trying. I'll probably try to shop both Game Misconduct and The Monster in the Woods around to see if I can get any takers. Hopefully while queries are out in the world, I can finish up the three series I've had sitting in the wings. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan of action. I guess I'll get back to my monster and see if I can't get the characters to reveal the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment