Saturday, March 16, 2013

A few of my favorite things - random version

This is going to be a very random post of things other than books that interest me. I will start out basic and who knows where I will end up.

1) Kitchen appliances. I love to cook and bake and anything that makes my life easier in the kitchen is my friend. I think me and my KitchenAid mixer are going to have to be buried together.

2) Music. I love listening to music. The radio tends to stick to country stations, but my CD player in the car is fully loaded with every Muse CD. I also have a love for classic rock. My all-time favorite song for some reason is Shooting Star by Bad Company. Don't know why, but about fifteen years ago I would listen to it nonstop and still really love it.


3) TV shows. I watch quite a few, but no where near as much as I used to. Current shows that tend to amuse me: Banshee, Once Upon a Time, Wild West Alaska, Fast N' Loud, Elementary, Vegas, Psych, Supernatural, Warehouse 13, America's Got Talent, Impractical Jokers, Project Runway, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, and Breaking Bad. Yes, that is a very short list compared to what I watched just a couple years ago.

4) The great outdoors. I love jumping on my motorcycle with a tent and being able to stay in state parks just to get away from it all. I like to fish, but still don't like removing the fish from the hook. I am convinced the fish is going to bite me. The biggest one I have caught is a Northern Pike that was pretty close to three feet.

5) Sports. I LOVE hockey. My team, the New York Rangers, aren't doing great in this shortened season, but I am still watching. I also enjoy watching the Minnesota Vikings play football and tend to watch most motor sports.

6) DIY/Woodworking/Metal working/Arts & crafts. I like to make things. My husband has a lot of tools and I tend to just "supervise" for the bigger projects, but I also like to knit, sew, paper mache, etc.

7) Animals. I have two dogs and in general love all things furry.

Current least favorite thing: Carpet in bathrooms. I have lived with it for nine years and it is finally gone. Spent about thirty minutes wrestling it out and cannot wait to lay down some tile.

I guess I didn't end up going too far off the deep end. I will have to think up some more things, but for now my brain is overtaxed and I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment