Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 2 of a busy weekend

Day 1 went so well that I have to at least post something in hopes Day 2 will follow in its footsteps. My first spin in the chair yesterday was to pick up prizes hubby and I earned riding 2,100 miles across the state on our motorcycles - I still think the puppies should have gotten something because they rode on the back of my bike the whole way. Anyway, a new pair of boots and a new tire later, I ended up winning one of the drawings for a bigger gift card prize. Awesome is the only word to go along with that. Hopefully, it means before too long I'll be stepping up from my Sporty into a Super Glide, but we'll have to see how that works out.

The winning high kind of ran on for most of the day. We took a little road trip, in the car, with the puppies. Boy dog was hilarious when he got out to the garage because he immediately went for my bike. He can jump up on the seat of hubby's bike, but mine is a little bit more challenging for him. When I opened the car door, he jumped in, but I could see the hesitation in his eyes. He wanted to ride.

After our road trip, we came home and got ready to go to a hockey game. I may not have mentioned it, but we tend to be very big hockey nuts and our favorite NHL team is doing pretty bad this year. We don't tend to go out into the public very often and its very likely that only a hockey game could draw us out, beside work and grocery store visits of course. We'll see after the game tonight if we are going to be drawn out a lot this season. We have Center Ice at home, so usually that's enough to appease our hockey needs, but live action can be fun too.

Oh, in other good news from yesterday, I found someone willing to beta read for me. She has a few other books to read in front of mine, but she seems really excited to get started with me after reading what I had posted on scribd. She was someone that had other authors promote her after reading their work and that made it easier for me and my insecurities.

Until game time today, I'm playing construction worker and arts and craft wizard, so I better go get started. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend and I'll keep everyone updated on when Searching for Home will be out and the progress on Rhea in Love, which is most likely the next book I'm going to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment